Hello:

I have been struggling with this search/research.  My patron is has
phrased this question a couple of ways:

Why blood can't go through a pigtail to microbore tubing?

Can blood be administered directly from  IV pump tubing, 3 way stop-cock
tubing or "pigtail" into a angio cath?

Smallest bore angio cath appropriate to administer through.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Halyna

Halyna Liszczynskyj,  MLS
Director, Library Services
St. Elizabeth Medical Center
2209 Genesee Street
Utica, NY  13501
(315) 798-8381 Office  * (315) 734-4499 Fax
www.stemc.org
www.stemc.org/services/inpatient-services/medical-library
www.stemc.org/services/inpatient-services/medical-library/ask-the-librarian

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:   This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient (s) of this message, please contact the sender by return e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank-you.