(cross-posted to Hospital Libraries Section and MEDLIB-L lists)

All,
My favorite faculty physician reached out to me for lit search help,
which is rare because he's such a smart researcher himself; I now
understand what brought him to me. I've spent several hours searching
PubMed, MEDLINE, Cochrane, and HealthBusiness, and have found zero
papers on this. I found a few related articles (see 2 citations for the
best ones, below), which are helpful and have good reference lists, but
aren't directly spot-on. Granted, accountable care is a new-fangled
concept and there is publication lag, but I'd like to deliver at least 1
high-quality source to my favorite doc, ideally not from
government/legal sources from the DHHS and CMS... I'm sure he's read
those already.

Q: Do Accountable Care Organization (ACO) measures provide incentive for
Antibiotic Stewardship (a.k.a. Antibiotic Stewardship Programs, or ASP)?
If so, is it enough?

Related but no mention of ASP:
Gourevitch MN, Cannell T, Boufford JI, Summers C. The challenge of
attribution: responsibility for population health in the context of
accountable care. Am J Prev Med. 2012 Jun;42(6 Suppl 2):S180-3. doi:
10.1016/j.amepre.2012.03.012. PubMed PMID: 22704435; PubMed Central
PMCID: PMC3381287

Noble DJ, Casalino LP. Can accountable care organizations improve
population health?: should they try? JAMA. 2013 Mar 20;309(11):1119-20.
doi: 10.1001/jama.2013.592. PubMed PMID: 23512057.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Lydia

Lydia Witman, MLIS
Clinical Librarian
Pennsylvania Hospital
800 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Office: 215-829-3596 | Pager: 215-422-0467
  <http://pennmedicine.org/>

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.