From: Jones, Dixie A. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 12:09 PM
To: Kraft, Michelle; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: The perfect library storm

Yes, Michelle, I think grassroots efforts at the local level are most
effective with hospital administrators. We need to give librarians the
tools to do impact/value studies in their own institutions. Every study
doesn't have to be publishable. The main objective is to convince
administrators that having librarians in house results in better patient
care, improved patient safety, and reduced costs (e.g., your example of
fewer readmissions). One less readmission probably pays a librarian's
salary!

Dixie A Jones, MLS, AHIP
Director, Health Sciences Library
Chair, Department of Medical Library Science
LSU Health Shreveport
1501 Kings Highway
P O Box 33932
Shreveport, LA 71130-3932