I like trying to film people in front of me skiing.  I have found that it comes out much better when I am faster then they are.
If I am trying to catch people the footage gets very choppy.

I have also found that I have to be right  behind people or the footage is not very good.  Skiers appear farther away from the camera then they are in real life.

I am finding that some of my best footage is when I am standing still and film people skiing up to me and past me.