Monday: Firmed up JUST enough overnight to be perfect.  Wooshed down FIS (ok, it was groomed otherwise I would have been crawling down or more likely on Rim Run) climbed back up a few feet so I could float down Elbow to Cruiser.  For my waxless skis on warmer snow, I'd prefer just a bit steeper than Cruiser's less steep parts, but they seemed to have sort of done a job on Iverness with the Cat tracks...  maybe will try this in the next few days.  Really nice stuff out there!!!

Pics from the top this morning:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/patonbike/8651518309/in/photostream

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Goodrich, Chris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sunday was indeed weird… but lots of fun. I was there with my cousin for the day. We stayed mostly on Skye Peak and Bear all day where it was nice and soft. Sorry I didn’t run into you. On one ride up the gondola I started telling my cousin about the food at Whitewater and was surprised to hear the other occupant with us chime in. After further discussion it started to sound like he had been out there around the same time as my first cat trip with BRC. Then he mentioned the plaid sticker on my ski. We took our goggles off and I realized it was Ed Carrigan who was indeed on that same trip.

Chris

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Bonin
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SKIVT-L] The Kmart Grab Bag Continues

Friday:  Wicked Cold.  Wind gusting 40 mph.  Little pellets of something.  Graupel?  Sleet?  Felt like birdshot on your face.  All the lifts were iced up or on wind hold except Snowdon quad.  Fun.  Actually the sleet accumulated and skied pretty well.

Saturday:  Completely different.  Everything was springtime soft.  And there was a lot to ski.  Almost nothing is closed.  A great ski day.

Sunday:  Weird.  But in a nice way.  It snowed almost all day, except when the sky was blue.  From 11 to 11:45 it dumped and accumulated a couple of inches.  The top of the mountain was midseason firm and the bottom of Bear was springtime soft.  One of the weirdest weather days I've seen on the mountain and I've seen a few.