If you want steeps, shopping, and gourmet restaurants, you go to Snowbasin;
if you want to ski untracked powder, you go to Powder.  Given the topography
at Powder, they will never have steeps.  Let's hope they can avoid the
shopping and restaurants.

My favorite memory of this place was 6 years ago.  Our grandson Noah, now
12, was with us for a long weekend.  It was about 3:15, he had just finished
his 27th full day of ski school, and we were taking a few runs with him:

"But Poppy, why do I have to keep taking lessons?"

"''Cause I want you to be good enough to ski with us."

"If I can ski with you, can I stop taking lessons?"

"Sure, but we ski the trees and the untracked; you have to keep up with us
there."

"OK, I can do it."

"Let's go, dude."

And that was it.  Knee deep on us, and thigh deep on him, and he cut it up
beautifully.  No more lessons for that boy.  We had created a powder junkie.
Since then, we have had to medicate him regularly with trips to the Rockies,
Cascades, Wasatch, Sierras, and Alps.

We are doing the same with his 8-year-old cousin Henry, who dislikes the
lessons as much as the 12-year-old.  With the wisdom of his advanced years,
Noah patiently explains to Henry that Poppy and Grannie are right, and that
Henry will come to thank us some day.  When that day comes, we will take
Henry to Powder Mountain too, I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David Merfeld CPA, P.C.

Certified Public Accountant

21 Merchants Row

Boston MA 02109

617.248.1901

CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE:
Treasury Regulations require me to inform you that any Federal tax advice
contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended
or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding
recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.