I can't review the base lodge architecture, as I went directly from car to lift, but getting two runs in between a motorcycle ride and dinner made for a very pleasant Friday afternoon. Big bumps, with most of Superstar still covered although the usual choke points near the bottom (at the breakover onto the bottom headwall and below the tower on the bottom headwall) are evident and will probably be more so by Sunday. The surface conditions varied between slushy corn and glacial, and the bumps have taken on interesting contours in places, but it ain't bad at all for mid-May. If the weather guessers are right, this should be a great weekend to get out and make some turns.

Kevin T. Broderick