It's the breed, Matt.  Catholics are just so self-righteous.  Even when they've been rescued, I still find myself being insufferably condescending at times.

- Patrick

From: Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] North East ski resorts and ski towns need a serious overhaul

Easy there, TOCSS, there's no need to attack him like a Pit Bull.

;-)

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Iski Stowe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
While you like to make this into a class war, it is not.    It is not significantly cheaper to spend a weekend at MRG.
It just makes you feel cool.   MRG skiers are constantly chortling about how cool they are.  Want to talk about SNOBS!

"Can you feel the difference", "the coolest people",  "oh <snort> I ski Mad River", "ski it if you can"  give me a break.

The worst is when MRG has no snow and you have go to other areas.  Then we get stuck riding up the chair with you.   You feel the need to go on and on about why MRG is better.  With out anyone asking you a question you just start in with "god I hate this place".  Then why did you bother coming here? Don't you realize you are boring us to death?  We don't care, just shut-up and ski.   Thank god for hi-speed lifts.

I haven't found  another ski area with the  same level of snobbery as MRG.   Although  Alta is right up there.

On Thu, 16 May 2013 19:06:41 -0700, Patrick Haskell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I agree.� I'm anxiously awaiting the day I reach a higher socioeconomic status, when I can cut my hair, give-up ski touring, and stop going to hippy resorts with "rustic" facilities and nothing but snow and poorly manicured trails.

- Patrick