Are you sure that there are more ‘n more abandoned bulidings, every year?  Facts, please.
You wrote: “An abandoned ski area is extremely depressing.”  .  Not if people clear the brush off of the trails in time for The Holy Season!  Then they’re even more fun than when the lifts were spinning!  So, think of the glass as half full, sharpen those loppers and head for a NELSAP destination:  http://www.nelsap.org/vt/vt.html  !!
Didja’ ever check out Duph’s place in Colorado?

Mark P. Renson

From: Iski Stowe <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] North East ski resorts and ski towns need a serious overhaul

My point was we are getting to a point where our current tourist infrastructure is not what people want when they go on vacation.    The condos, vacation homes, and hotels that people would shell out big money are no longer the draw they once were.  You can paint them, put some new plants out front... they are still what they are.

The new hotels at Stowe and Jay are what people want.  Every time a new hotel like those two are built, several older places are going to go under.  Then they sit there with zero chance of being brought back.  Faded signs, boarded up, broken windows, curtains blowing in the wind...

I wish I never mentioned the Aframes, but I did.  There are so many Aframes around here that have fallen into disrepair.  Some have been abandoned.    A few get replaced but others sit there looking worse every year.  You can see the mold taking them over.  Some times they become low income housing while waiting for the building to collapse.

I have nothing against any building that is kept up.  There are plenty of well kept, attractive A-frames.  IMO they add to an area's charm.

I just wonder how many more derelict buildings are we going to see in our ski towns.  I find abandoned buildings and buildings that have fallen into disrepair depressing.  Every year there are more and more.  I don't think they help attract tourist.  If the tourist stop coming, the lifts will stop spinning.  An abandoned ski area is extremely depressing.

On Wed, 15 May 2013 08:49:14 -0700, Mark P. Renson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Brad sez’ “I'm not sure what the point is here.”
Umm Brad, I think he’s saying if your hard earned village home ain’t up to his standards, then it should be bulldozed and replaced with something ultra-modern even if you like your current place.  Brad, is your place in that 1970’s A-Frame neighborhood with the rest of the riff-raff?  LOL!

Mark P. Renson