All, while MLA surveys for professional salaries,
we typically have not been able to answer the following two questions:

1) "What are hourly rates for medical librarians
working as independent contractors?"  and

2) " What is the typical salary or hourly rate
for a paraprofessional in a hospital environment?"

If anyone on this list can email me directly with
information about one or both of those questions,
I would appreciate it. Sources will remain
completely confidential and I will only report
aggregate information back to the list or for inquiries to MLA.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance! -- Kate C.

P.S. The MLA 2012 Salary Survey is now online and
available free to MLA members. Log in to MLANET to view and download.

Kate E. Corcoran                        [log in to unmask]
Dir. of Membership and Info. Systems  [log in to unmask]
Medical Library Association                   312/419-9094 x12
65 East Wacker Place, Suite 1900         fax, 312/419-8950
Chicago, IL  60601-7246                      <http://mlanet.org>

       MLA: Professionals providing quality information
                         for improved health
Plan to attend "Building Our Information Future,"
May 1621, 2014, in Chicago, IL!