From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joy Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Health resources in statewide database collections?... WAS: RE: Teaching PuMed to nursing BSN's

Some excellent points, Jo-Anne.  Even if unaffiliated health care professionals FIND the citations will they be able to access the articles in a timely fashion.  Can this be solved?  Is anyone but librarians concerned about health care professionals practicing without access to the latest research?  In a cash-strapped system who can afford to provide copies of articles to uaffiliated users?  NLM has the technology but not the resource libraries to fill article requests.  Is anyone in health care think tanks discussing this at all?  Joy

Joy Kennedy, MLS
Library Consultant
Email: [log in to unmask]
Mail: 1521 E. Miner St.