Good morning, everyone.  I have a new question.  Everything that goes out from our email system to someone that isn't in our system and contains information such as diagnosis or treatment is being encrypted.  In other words, if I send you an article, it will be encrypted.  How are you handling this?  I was told there is no other option.  The receiver will have to "deal" with the encrption. Thanks so much for all your help!

Patricia "Pat" Warner, MLIS
Hospital Librarian/CME Coordinator
Memorial Hospital at Gulfport
4500 13th St
PO Box 1810
Gulfport MS  39502
228-865-3616
228-865-3135 (fax)

This email may contain information covered under the Mississippi Privacy Law (Miss. Code Ann.  75-24-29), the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C.  552a) and/or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (Pub. L. No. 104-191) and its accompanying regulations. Healthcare information is personal and sensitive and must be protected in accordance with these provisions. If this email contains healthcare information, it is being disclosed to you only after appropriate authorization from the patient or under circumstances that do not require patient authorization. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Re-disclosure without additional patient authorization, unless otherwise permitted by law, is prohibited.

**********PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL**********

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, be advised that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of the information contained therein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply email and then destroy/delete all copies of the original message and any attachment(s) thereto.