Dear USA Program,

I just wanted to comment on a great debate experience that was had last
year by several USA teams, including Air Force, St. John's and Vermont.

We did the Budapest Open & Vienna IV swing. Both tournaments were
fabulous, well run, great motions and very international competition.

We took a train from Budapest to Vienna that was very reasonable. The
housing was very nice and also reasonable. The air flight arriving in
Budapest and leaving from Vienna was the same price as round-trip from
either city.

This year both tournaments are ikely again to take place over our Spring
break. Budapest 1-2 March & Vienna 7-8-9.

Fabulous tourism as well.

Airlines from Burlington, Vermont are showing $1100 for the trip. From
NYC is $718!

Watch for them on Facebook.

  *
    Vienna IV 2013:
    8th to 10th March 2013
    BPS, English, many Teams
    at: Uni Vienna/Uni of Economics
    Reg fee: 40EUR/debater
    Will be confirmed immediately, so you can book your cheap flights to
    Vienna or Bratislava!
    Institution cap: 3 Teams
    Registration opens 5th of November

Budapest Open website says it will happen again in 2014.
http://debatehungary.com/

Just thought people might want to think ahead when budgeting, etc.

We will be there!

Tuna
Alfred Snider

--
Edwin Lawrence Professor of Forensics, University of Vermont