From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ann Marie Kupinski
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 12:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: PVR waveform analysis

Hi Dawn,

I am a little late to this discussion but I am a strong believer in PVRs.
They provide a very nice assessment of global limb perfusion.  The problem is indeed with the interpretation which is very subjective.

Here is a paper from our vascular medicine colleagues which contains a nice table (Table 11) with PVR waveforms and descriptions for levels of disease.
Although some of the interpretation is still subjective, at least it is a framework.

Gerhard-Herman, Marie et al.  Guidelines for Noninvasive Vascular Testing:
A report from the American Society of Echocardiography and the Society of Vascular Medicine and Biology.  J Am Soc Echocardio 2006; 19:955-972.

This should be acceptable to use as a reference for accreditation purposes.

Ann Marie Kupinski