We use the standard criteria for reflux,  >.5sec is "reflux". Some of my reading physicians read "severe reflux > than 3 seconds" when they dictate. I guess they he figure if .5 s is reflux then 6 times that would be severe reflux, but this caused a little hiccup with our reaccreditation since I don't in fact have criteria that states what is mild, moderate or severe. I thought I had a reference for less than one second was mild less than 2 seconds moderate and greater than 2 severe but I can't find it anywhere.
Anybody else use a range or are yall sticking with >.5s is reflux, plain and simple.