Seems like common sense would dictate the same policy needs to apply to all employees unless they want a bunch of unhappy employees.

We allow our employees to take time off without pay. I can certainly see instances where you wouldn't be able to do this if people were continually tardy or absent.

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christina Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PTO requirements

Any HR or labor law gurus out there that know if it is legal to have a policy in place requiring certain employees to use their PTO for all time under 40 hours/week (these employees can NEVER take time off without pay) and having a different policy in place for different employees (allowing them to take unpaid time off and save PTO)?