Lisa, thanks for sharing. This is why I don’t play golf. That, and I have no natural talent whatsoever.

~S

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lisa Mekenas
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 2:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: EIA dissection from golf swing

Hope this attaches

Interesting case of spontaneous dissection of left EIA  1cm from CIA bifurcation extending 15cm, treated conservatively.

Attributed to later rotation of the hip from the right to left during the swing in a 46 yr old employed as a field tester of golf clubs.

He did smoke 7 cigarettes a day. CT was used to diagnose.

In this area of the pelvic region, if the patient is not optimal scan may be difficult to see dissection.

Lisa