From: Doug Marcum <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SDMS

Good Morning All,
Just a humble observation....In years past, I always looked forward to receiving the SDMS annual conference program in the mail.  I was surprised this week when I received it. I remember the program being 15-20 pages of information and choices of lecture disciplines that filled the day... Multiple AM and PM choices...I find myself looking at a NINE page program with not a lot in it.  I'm honestly disappointed more than anything.. On Friday, the first day of the conference there are only 3 lectures per "track" the entire day?!  And on three of the four tracks (abdominal, Cardiac, and OB/Gyn, the same speaker is presenting 2 of the 3 talks. I'm not judging, but for national meetings, I find it more appealing to hear a broad range of speakers to hear different perspectives, delivery, etc.  what's happening here?  Are there budget cuts?  I will call the SDMS myself but was wondering if anyone else noticed this.  I'm not sure I'm getting my money's worth to fly to Vegas for this.

Doug Marcum
RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS),RPhS
Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
Global Vein Solutions
321-231-2191
www.advancedusconsultants.com
On-site phlebology ultrasound training, staffing, and practice consulting