Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Vermont Historical Society has
canceled its August 10 Second Saturday talk by L. Diana Carlisle about the
history of the Champlain Glassworks. We hope to reschedule this talk in
the future and will announce when we have done so. The Leahy Library
will still be open for research on that Saturday, but the Vermont
Heritage Galleries will be closed. Our next Second Saturday talk will be on
September 14, and will feature Middlebury College professor Ilaria
Brancoli-Busdraghi sharing the history of Italian-American Stoneworkers
in Vermont.
The talk will be at 2:00 p.m. at the Vermont History Center in Barre.
For more information about upcoming events please view our calendar,
http://vermonthistory.org/visit/events-calendar, or contact Amanda
Gustin, Public Programs Coordinator, at [log in to unmask] or
(802) 828-2180.