I've been making weekend visits to the Union Village Dam in Thetford over
the past three weeks. Such a beautiful site for birding - highly
recommended to anyone looking for places to bird in the Upper Valley! Lots
of different habitats in a small area.

Highlights include two red shouldered hawks, an indigo bunting, prairie
warbler, and a small group of very entertaining ravens. Full lists from
three visits below. Plenty of butterflies too, for those interested. The
past two weeks I've seen Red Admiral, Orange Sulphur, Question Mark,
Cabbage White, Baltimore Checkerspot, Northern Crescent, Eastern Tiger
Swallowtail, Painted Lady.

~ Keri Charles
Windsor VT

Union Village Dam, Park, and Recreation Area, Orange, US-VT
Jul 13, 2013 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
25 species (+1 other taxa)

Mallard  2
Hooded Merganser  2
Turkey Vulture  3
Mourning Dove  1
Belted Kingfisher  1
Eastern Wood-Pewee  1
Alder/Willow Flycatcher (Traill's Flycatcher)  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  1
Common Raven  1
Tree Swallow  1
Black-capped Chickadee  1
Tufted Titmouse  1
Veery  1
American Robin  1
Gray Catbird  4
Cedar Waxwing  3
Common Yellowthroat  3
American Redstart  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler  1
Prairie Warbler  1
Chipping Sparrow  1
Song Sparrow  4
Indigo Bunting  1
Red-winged Blackbird  2
American Goldfinch  3

Union Village Dam, Park, and Recreation Area, Orange, US-VT
Jul 4, 2013 9:45 AM - 9:48 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
29 species

Turkey Vulture  4
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Killdeer  2
Rock Pigeon  1
Mourning Dove  2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Alder Flycatcher  1
Eastern Phoebe  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  1
Common Raven  3
Tree Swallow  3
Black-capped Chickadee  1
Veery  1
Hermit Thrush  1
American Robin  1
Gray Catbird  2
European Starling  1
Cedar Waxwing  3
Ovenbird  1
Common Yellowthroat  1
American Redstart  2
Yellow Warbler  3
Chipping Sparrow  1
Song Sparrow  1
Lincoln's Sparrow  1
Red-winged Blackbird  1
Brown-headed Cowbird  1
American Goldfinch  1

Union Village Dam, Park, and Recreation Area, Orange, US-VT
Jun 22, 2013 10:30 AM - 11:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
19 species