My brother, also a dairy farmer ,in Benson, says that he has two barn
swallows this year.  One arrived a few weeks earlier than normal, the
other at the normal time.  No apparent nesting was observed.  He says
that the numbers have been dwindling for several years.  When I was
young and growing up on that farm there was barely enough room on the
power lines for all of them.