For this time of year it seems as though there has been a nice variety
of birds in the vicinity of the house and our gardens and field edges at
the southern end of Snake Mountain in Cornwall. Below I've complied a
list of the regular, the occasional, and the one-timers for the last week.

A robust cherry crop has been a continual eatery for numerous species,
especial Scarlet Tanagers, Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Cedar Waxwings,
Robins, and Catbirds.  The sight of a male Scarlet Tanager in bright
sunshine amid scarlet cherries is absolutely striking .... especially
when on the same branch is a male Red-bellied Woodpecker and his
resplendent scarlet mane, with a brace of cherries dangling from his
bill ... and behind them is a feasting Cardinal.

Our annual Yellow-billed Cuckoo calls most every day from various
locations, as does a Carolina Wren (a new resident for us), 2-3 Eastern
Towhees (from the earliest morning twilight to the last gasp of evening
from early spring to late fall), a perennial Yellow-throated Vireo, and
others as well.

Ian
July 22-28  Southern end of Snake Mountain, Cornwall
      Birds with ~~ were observed but once
      Birds with --- were occasional
      All others were observed on daily or nearly so

American Woodcock ~~
Turkey Vulture --
Red-tailed Hawk ~~
Mourning Dove