In the heat of this afternoon, from 2:20 till 3:00, I saw but five
Killdeer, two Least Sandpipers, and one Pectoral Sandpiper.

Only one bird flew (a short flight by one Killdeer).  The others were
all essentially stationary at the grassy puddle on the west side of the
road opposite the drinking fountain for the cattle .... and each of them
spent almost all of the time out of sight in the grasses (hunkered down
in the shade?).  Two of the Killdeer never moved the whole time I was there.

Ian