Taking advantage of the nice day I hiked on the LT to see what was still active birdy-wise. Given the time of day I found some lovely birds---especially the Canada warblers. The impossibly tiny winter wren fledging was like a woodland sprite attending by a very upset parent. I dare not translate the wren mutterings directed at me! This section of trail is fairly easy and not too wet given all the rain.

Sue Wetmore

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2013 7:44:25 AM
Subject: eBird Report - Long Trail south Brandon Gap, Jun 30, 2013

Long Trail south Brandon Gap, Addison, US-VT
Jun 30, 2013 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
4.0 mile(s)
18 species

Blue-headed Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  10
Blue Jay  1
Black-capped Chickadee  1
Winter Wren  5
Swainson's Thrush  4     Singing male plus others doing "pit" calls----also one was observed
Hermit Thrush  4
American Robin  1
Cedar Waxwing  2
Ovenbird  3
Common Yellowthroat  1
Chestnut-sided Warbler  1
Black-throated Blue Warbler  7
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle)  2
Black-throated Green Warbler  9     both seen and heard singing
Canada Warbler  6     seen as well as heard. They were agitated but not carrying food.
Dark-eyed Junco (Slate-colored)  6     3  were recently fledged---both adults and juveniles seen.
Indigo Bunting  1

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S14544402