From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Fowler
Sent: Tuesday, 2 July 2013 3:05 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Besieged by Summer Students?

I have gotten two emails today that basically say,

"Dr. So and So thinks a systematic review will be a fun project for Joe the medical student who is visiting us this summer until August (note that is less then one month at this point). Can you teach our summer student how to do a systematic review in the span of a one hour meeting?"

So far I have used the following, "Great! Please send me the PICO question, inclusion and exclusion criteria, and 2-3 key articles that fit with in the review. Once I have these we can set up a good time to meet. Thanks!"

I feel bad though. It does not seem like they are going to have a very meaningful experience with their Doc or with me.

Any ideas?

--
Susan Fowler, MLIS
Medical Librarian

Evidence at Becker:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/ebm

Systematic Reviews Guide:
http://beckerguides.wustl.edu/SystematicReviews

Becker Medical Library, Washington University in St. Louis
314-362-8092