Hello Everyone,

Last week I sent this message to the list:

"We are in the midst of our annual renewal for ebooks from the various
vendors - StatRef, Elsevier, Ovid.   I'm curious if any of you have
developed a cost-per-use standard for renewing your electronic

resources, especially ebooks.     I'd appreciate hearing your feedback
on how you determine what to renew for another year and what to drop
based on the numbers. "

Thanks to those who replied. In summary, cost per use targets for ebooks
varied from $.50 or less per use (academic library) to $15.00 - $30.00
(hospital libraries) or standard interlibrary loan fees.

Carol Galganski, MSLS, MHSA, AHIP
 Manager, Medical Libraries, CME, AV
  Legacy Health
  Portland, Oregon  97227