Dear Anita,

liver generally seems to have a quite high d15N, we found boar liver (of one rather young individual, maybe older animals show even higher values?) to have d15N of about 15. However drying and grinding a liver is a quite bloody and smelly mess (but much easier to grind than muscle). As we are located at the forest faculty, boar was our first shot at high d15N material, deer liver of an older individual however was lower in 15N.

best,
Jens

Von: Stable Isotope Geochemistry [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Anita Aerts-Bijma
Gesendet: Montag, 16. September 2013 13:23
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: [ISOGEOCHEM] 15N labstandard

Dear colleagues,
in order to preserve the IAEA standards N1 and N2 we like to have  labstandards with  delta 15 values of 0 ‰ and around 20 ‰. The zero value doesn't appear to be a problem, but a material with the higher value we can't find until now.
Does anyone of you find a readily available material with a d15N of approx 20‰?
Thanks,
--

Anita Aerts-Bijma
Centre for Isotope Research, University of Groningen.

Centrum voor IsotopenOnderzoek (CIO), Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, Netherlands
tel +31-50-3634716 fax +31-50-3634738
http://www.rug.nl/cio