Hi,

 If you call your apple rep or call Apple Edy at 1-800-800-2775 and tell them what happened and let them know what your licensing situation is (for us it is a site licence), they will mail you a disk.  You also can buy 10.8 for $10 a copy if you buy more then 20.  It downloads App store and you can make a back up thumbdrive of the operating system.

Generally you need an install machine and 2gb for 10.6 and up.  10.5 can go on a 1gb intel machine.