Larry Lessig

 Watch the last 3 minutes, if you do not have time for the whole video.

http://www.ted.com/talks/larry_lessig_says_the_law_is_strangling_creativity.html

Transcript

  "We made mixed tapes; they remix music. We watched TV; they make TV.

It is technology that has made them different, and as we see what this technology can do,we need to recognize you can't kill the instinct the technology produces. We can only criminalize it. We can't stop our kids from using it. We can only drive it underground. We can't make our kids passive again. We can only make them, quote, "pirates." And is that good? We live in this weird time. It's kind of age of prohibitions, where in many areas of our life, we live life constantly against the law. Ordinary people live life against the law, and that's what I -- we are doing to our kids. They live life knowing they live it against the law.That realization is extraordinarily corrosive, extraordinarily corrupting. And in a democracy, we ought to be able to do better. Do better, at least for them, if not for opening for business.Thank you very much."

--

Technology Educator
The St. Johnsbury Elementary School www.stjsd.org

Vermont's Internet Safety Project  www.Vtisp.org

"Typing is not the groovy purpose of the I-pad."