what we use for WiFi

http://www.open-mesh.com/

enables a separate network called BYOD.

I never need to see the student device, nor know anything about it until there is a problem.

The code is public and they are free (encouraged) to use it.

Bandwidth is like produce it needs to be used now before it spoils and bandwidth is by far the cheapest thing you buy (per user pr day) compared to all the other things like heat/light/water, etc.

We just recently redid our AUP (updated to 'new' state model) but added a personal deivce/BYOD section, I will send that out (next week) to anyone who is interested.

For the schools that permit student-owned netbooks or laptops on campus (i.e., some sort of BYOD situation)....