I said that I appreciate all the information that I get from the
knowledgeable birders on VtBird and I got some info as a result of today's
post.  Apparently, when I brought home five feathers that I  found when
walking in the woods this summer, I have broken federal law.  Please be
assured that the five feathers have already been returned to the woods
(although not necessarily in the place where they were found) as I like to
think of myself as a law abiding person.   My apologies and thanks,Sue, or
letting me know.

With embarrassment,
Martha