This past weekend there were many warblers still around, I logged in 15 species despite a strong wind all in the town of Westmore in Orleans County, Common Yellowthroat (13) and Black- throated Green (10) seemed to be the most abundant. Others were Yellow-rumped-9, Northern Parula-6, Magnolia-5, Ovenbird, Nashville and Redstart- 2 each and singles of Black and white, Tennessee, Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Blackpoll, Black-throated Blue and Canada.

At John's River Fishing Access there were 2 Pied-billed Grebes and only my second ever record of Great Egret for Orleans County (there are only nine records in ebird going back to the first in 1984). Other high lights of the weekend- # Turkey Vultures, a Merlin, and Blue-headed Vireos still singing,

Bob Stymeist
Wood Warblers Way
Westmore, Vermont
Arlington, Massachusetts