Hi all,

I wrote in my report from yesterday that when a Northern Goshawk has its' tail completely fanned open, that each tail feather sort of comes to a point, creating a jagged or serrated edge to the end of the tail. Please IGNORE that info as a field mark that is distinctive to Northern Goshawks. I did some research when I got home and found that a Northern Goshawk (juv. or adult) and a Cooper's Hawk (juv. or adult) both have a jagged or serrated edge at the end of the tail, when it is completely fanned open. My bad. . .

Jim Mead