Here at my house in Manchester Center there has been a flurry of activity in my one apple tree all at once on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. The whole tree was filled with activity around 9:30. First have been all the families that nested here - 4 catbirds, 4 redstarts, 3 phoebes, 2 song sparrow, 6 titmice, 6 chickadees, 1 hairy, 1 downey, 3 hummers, 3 goldfinch, 4 common yellowthroats, 1 black & white, 1 blackburnian, 4 red-eyed vireos and 6 cedar waxwings. Then came the migrants - 2 black-throated greens, 2 black-throated blues, 2 Nashvilles and 1 Northern Parula. Today it was quiet as I think the cold may have pushed everyone along but who knows... I am always open for more surprises.
Barbara Powers
Manchester Center