With all the hummingbird chatter I thought I'd give a link to the Vermont
eBird data for the last 5 years. You can see there is some annual variation
and that we still have a bit of time with our tiny feathered jewels.
http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/GuideMe?src=changeDate&speciesCodes=rthhum&getLocations=states&states=US-VT&parentState=US-VT&reportType=species&monthRadio=on&bMonth=08&eMonth=11&bYear=2009&eYear=2013&yearOptions=separateYears&continue.x=55&continue.y=13&continue=Continue

It appears that Ian Worley holds the Vermont eBird record of Sept 29, 2012
as the latest reported date for them. You can see the latest dates for all
species at
http://ebird.org/ebird/vt/sightings?locInfo.regionType=subnational1&locInfo.regionCode=US-VT&continuous=true&beginYear=1879&endYear=2012&listType=last

I highly encourage everyone to put in their hummingbird sightings, and in
fact all bird sightings, so we can all have the benefit of examining data
like this!

Best,
Kent

____________________________