With reports of southbound raptors and strong north winds, I ventured to the fields west of Middlebury this afternoon. An hour plus of sky watching only produced a few raptors (1 each Broad-winged Hawk, Osprey, and American Kestrel) and a east moving Barn Swallow.

I did how ever find a few nice mixed species flocks along the edge of the fields. Among 7 warbler species was a Bay-breasted Warbler and a couple Blackpoll Warblers.

Enjoy fall,
Spencer Hardy

Complete list:

Greater Middlebury Campus Area, Addison, US-VT
Sep 16, 2013 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Forest and tam west of campus
25 species

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  39
Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura)  3
Osprey (Pandion haliaetus)  1
Broad-winged Hawk (Buteo platypterus)  1
Rock Pigeon (Columba livia)  5
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura)  3
American Kestrel (Falco sparverius)  1
Red-eyed Vireo (Vireo olivaceus)  1
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  1
American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  2
Barn Swallow (Hirundo rustica)  1     Seen well through scope and binos. Flying east. Long tail and reddish throat
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  5
Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor)  1
Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus)  1
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  1
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)  400     Scoped at the farm along Weybridge st.

Black-and-white Warbler (Mniotilta varia)  1
Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla)  1
Bay-breasted Warbler (Setophaga castanea)  1
Blackburnian Warbler (Setophaga fusca)  1
Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata)  2
Yellow-rumped Warbler (Setophaga coronata)  5
Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens)  2

Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  1
American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis)  2

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15188814