Responding to question from MEDLIB to NAHRS & MEDLIB, in hopes that others
active with nursing may have a better understanding.  The most active
nursing organization for nursing terminologies is NANDA International - see
about us for rationale. http://www.nanda.org/

Read various sections of the website to understand more how new terms are
added, and some deleted.  It looks like that latest information (conference
abstracts) is going into their knowledgebase, open to members. The Blog may
answer some of your questions.  Their journal is published by Wiley and
described on the Journal tab:

Impact Factor
The International Journal of Nursing Knowledge is indexed by Thomson
Reuters in their Science Citation Index Expanded and Social Sciences
Citation Index. This makes is easy for readers to find IJNK articles and
also means that the Journal receives an Impact Factor. The Journal's first
Impact Factor is 0.361 (listed under its previous title of International
Journal of Nursing Terminologies and Classifications ), giving it a ranking
of 92/103 (Nursing (Science) and 89/101 (Nursing (Social Science). ISI
Journal Citation Reports 2012

Licensing notes all sorts of resources that include the terminology,
including Point of Care Terms.  It does not include EBSCO/CINAHL, so wonder
which edition of the book they are using (Indexing win CINAHL and mapping
to MeSH described earlier); perhaps *Ellen Wesling* or *June Levy* could
comment on what's currently included. The scope notes for CINAHL terms
include definitions.

This journal will be considered for the next edition of the NAHRS Selected
List of Nursing Journals (see links at http://nahrs.mlanet.org/home/)..
 It's possible that the title change was not caught, so omitted along with
other ceased titles?  NAHRS members, we are planning to update the list by
May 2014.  If you know of Nursing journals you'd like to see considered,
please email to me, [log in to unmask]  Note that I have fallen behind
and CINAHL Complete data not yet added.  I'm going to delegate this to a
committee member tonight, assuming they're still willing.

This type of question is often answered via web searches, especially
nursing organization websites and their newsletters.  It was remarkable to
note that the turnaround time for article submissions is just 33 days.
 ANyone doing clinical nursing research should consider the nursing
terminology they're investigating, and note these terms in their study
question.  If only implied, the database indexers have no way of knowing
which terms to use for indexing.  IIn the past, literature on specific
nursing terminology whas been scant, a sad state of affairs when these
terms can help justify nurse staffing needs.

Hope this helps - Peg

--
Margaret (Peg) Allen, MLS, AHIP, FMLA
P.O. Box 2, Stratford, WI, 54484