Phone: (501)918-3300

Job Title:LIBRARIAN

Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs

Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration

Job Announcement Number:OG-13-CPo-954434

SALARY RANGE:

$68,809.00 to $89,450.00 / Per Year

OPEN PERIOD:

Monday, September 09, 2013 to Friday, September 13, 2013

SERIES & GRADE:

GS-1410-12

POSITION INFORMATION:

Full Time - Permanent

DUTY LOCATIONS:

1 vacancy in the following location:
White River Junction, VT United States

WHO MAY APPLY:

United States Citizens

JOB SUMMARY:

Vacancy ID: 954434

OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.

The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.

The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").

America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.

KEY REQUIREMENTS

 *   You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
 *   You will be subject to a background/suitability investigation.

________________________________
DUTIES:
Back to top<https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/TopofPage>

This position is located in the National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (NCPTSD) at the VA Medical Center in White River Junction, VT. Duties include but are not limited to the following:

*        Serving as the Resource Center Program Manager and overseeing the daily functions of the NCPTSD Resource Center;

*        Creating and maintaining the PILOTS bibliographic database, a computerized index to the worldwide literature on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD);

*        Creating and maintaining a controlled vocabulary for indexing and searching literature;

*         Evaluating documents to determine their relevance to the PILOTS database;

*        Creating and maintaining a specialized collection of bibliographic materials that represent a thorough and current compilation of the international literature on PTSD;

*        Using EndNote and database hosting software;

*        Producing instructional materials and documentation for users of the PILOTS database;

*        Supervising Resource Center staff;

*        Delegating work in an even and effective manner;

*        Conducting mid-term and annual performance reviews;

*        Developing proposals for activities and designing products and services that will optimally meet customer needs and National Center objectives;

*        Developing the annual budget and monitoring expenditures;

*        Producing informational materials in print and electronic form;

*        Answering inquiries from Veterans, their families, mental health professionals, students, and the general public seeking information on PTSD;

*        Performing related duties as required.

Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.

  ***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***