My assistant signs her name and then writes Asst. after it.

At 11:35 AM 10/30/2013, you wrote:
The acknowledgement/attest statement placed at the end of recorded land record documents –

Is the town clerk the only one who signs this acknowledgement?  Can the asst town clerk sign it also if they process the recording?  Or would they have to sign the clerk’s name with their initials?

Thanks for your input

Lori A. Shepard
Stamford Town Clerk
986 Main Road
Stamford, VT 05352
(802) 694-1361

NOTICE: Under Vermont’s public records law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about town business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.

Bobbi Brimblecombe
Marshfield Town Clerk
122 School Street, Room 1
Marshfield, VT 05658