My issue with the VHC is that I have to provide my personal information to get the ball rolling. I think the account should be in the name of the town with the town’s FID# & town information with me as the contact.  Instead, they want my personal info, ie:  dob & my ss#.  When I called VHC stating I was not comfortable with it, I was told that’s the way it is & they have no plans to change it.

This morning I decided to bite the bullet & proceed, against my conscience, & a screen pops up with identity questions concerning my personal car loan & a former (incorrect) address.

It’s none of their business.  I’m not eligible for the insurance, I won’t benefit from it, why should my “personal” information be out there.

At this point, the town acct has not been set up.   Is it just me?

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bobbi Brimblecombe
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: vermont health connect

Is anyone else having any luck signing your town into the website? I can't fathom how many hours are being wasted across the state on this process. I've made 3 calls to tech support over the last two days for three different errors and the answer has been "try again later" - there is no such thing as technical support. I will try again tomorrow.

NOTICE: Under Vermont’s public records law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about town business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.

Bobbi Brimblecombe
Marshfield Town Clerk
122 School Street, Room 1
Marshfield, VT 05658