Thanks for the input.

We are "donating" an older iBook and wanted to keep it Mac, so the Ubuntu
method (which I love and helped with) is not an option.  Don't have a
license for 10.5 so that is out as well....

On the positive side, LibreOffice has an older version that is PPC workable
:)  but that doesn't help with this donation...

Keith