Take a look at http://www.gclassfolders.com   It will create the folder
structure similar to what you need.

As for documents getting deleted, only the owner can delete a document.
 which means if Student A creates and puts a file into a shared folder
(They are the owner) and Student B deletes it.   The file will still be in
Student A's drive, but just unshared from everyone with access to the
folder.

*   [log in to unmask] | (802) 772-0003*
*
*
*My Sites*
 ~ Edlisten.com ~ Educational Podcast
 ~ AskBj.net ~ Online Training and Ed Tech Resources

gClassFolders <https://sites.google.com/a/askbj.net/edlisten-resources/my-resources/gclassfolders>~
Create Google folders for your class.