We have a 610

We all like it better than the iPrism we had, but their new model is probably much better

There’s not a lot you ever change, only one person needs to mange it. Changes here go through committee, I wouldn’t UNblock things that weren’t agreed on. I’ve only done a few custom blocks. We block ads.

It has kept students from joining bot-nets a few times

The remote filtering is nice, netbooks that go home have the same filtering as at school; I think that that is keeping out Trojans & junk

Barracuda upgrades your hardware after 4 yrs, something that was a problem with the old filter. It became a bandwidth bottleneck.

We also run their link-balancer and spam-filter. GUIs are fairly similar.

They have a website that lets you test-drive one of their products to see what it’s like to run it. I can’t find the link right now though.

David Isham
Network Administrator
Grand Isle Supervisory Union
5038 US Rte 2