Hello all:

To: Tech Coordinators, Administrators, Educators

Thanks for your help on this in advance!

A couple of days behind on this, but I know folks have passed this along to teachers because the stats have started to roll in.. the difference on this round is the inclusion of E-rate information, specifically your Form 21 info that tells pricing paid for internet and telephony charges.

The SpeedTest is currently open..

See the following explanation sent out earlier in the Fall about our efforts at completing this....OR.. if you just need the link to send out to teachers.. here is a little "capsule" you can send to them directly:

To take the SpeedTest, refer to this link:  http://partners.schoolspeedtest.org/vermont.html
Schools should also send their Form 471, Item 21 information
Please send all your Item 21 Attachments (Yr16, 2013-14 Form 471) by either:

*         Emailing your attachments to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, or

*         Submitting your attachments at http://www.educationsuperhighway.org/submit-your-data.html

Here is full text from the earlier message...

This summer, districts across Vermont completed important upgrades to provide more online resources and opportunities to teachers and students. I'm very proud of our progress, and want to keep our forward momentum so we can connect every school in VT to learning-ready Internet.

Our next goal is to reduce costs on hardware and connectivity, and promote pricing transparency, and get support for at-need schools - and work smarter by using data.

To do this quickly and without adding burden to busy districts, we've partnered with EducationSuperHighway to complete a 2013 Vermont SchoolSpeedTest and Internet Pricing Portal cost-analysis.

Our partnership allows you to easily collect data from any staff member with an online tool that measures available bandwidth to a classroom device. Starting October 14th, any school staff person can go to http://partners.schoolspeedtest.org/vermont.html to test. This data will demonstrate the gains we've made and support district/state appeals for more upgrade funding,

As part of the Vermont Internet Pricing Portal, we will also be collecting your Form 471, Item 21 data so we can identify the best local prices, create pricing transparency, and increase schools' buying-power so we can do more with limited budgets and implement high-impact upgrades.

For the VT IPP, please send all your Item 21 Attachments (Yr16, 2013-14 Form 471) by either:

*         Emailing your attachments to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, or

*         Submitting your attachments at http://www.educationsuperhighway.org/submit-your-data.html

Once the 2013 Vermont SchoolSpeedTest and Internet Pricing Portal ends, the Agency of Education and tech coordinators will receive access to reports showing the bandwidth available in your schools, as well as what are the best-practice prices in Vermont so you can ensure you are getting the best deal for your next data-driven upgrade.

Peter Drescher
Education Technology Coordinator
Vermont Agency of Education
Integrated Support for Learning Division
120 State St.
Montpelier, VT  05620
Ph.: 802.828.5149
FAX: 802.828.0573