We have been experiencing the same recently on Wifi connected machines,
regardless of browser or OS.  We are no where near our bandwidth limit,
however, speed testing using 3 different tools pins it down to wifi
connected machines getting download speeds like this:[image: Inline image 1]

As opposed to wired machines getting speeds like this:  [image: Inline
image 2]

Guess who's wifi vendor is getting a phone call today!