We have been experiencing the same recently on Wifi connected machines, regardless of browser or OS.  We are no where near our bandwidth limit, however, speed testing using 3 different tools pins it down to wifi connected machines getting download speeds like this:Inline image 1

As opposed to wired machines getting speeds like this:  Inline image 2

Guess who's wifi vendor is getting a phone call today!