From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Peters
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Google Apps Connectivity

Thank you for your replies.  I took all of your comments under advisement and performed the following actions.  I ran "nslookup -debug drive.google.com 8.8.8.8" and took the results to add a CFS exclusion list in our SonicWall on the IP address range returned.

Are these actions sufficient?  Are there any other corrective actions I should consider?

Thanks

John Peters
Director of Technology
North Country Supervisory Union
121 Duchess Ave Suite A
Newport, VT 0585-5517
802.334.5847 ext 2018

"Technology is not a panacea"  Law #10 Microsoft's 10 Immutable Laws of Security

We are having a problem maintaining connectivity with Google Apps at several of our schools.  Students will connect and then the connection times out with students getting a "trying to connect" error message.  This is not a problem every time in that it has been sporadic over a period of time and it is disruptive.  Yesterday we experienced issues in three schools.   I have read the Google Apps Best Practices Networking Guide and I believe we are doing everything they recommend.  Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? If so, what corrective actions did you take?

Thank you,

John Peters
Director of Technology
North Country Supervisory Union
121 Duchess Ave Suite A
Newport, VT 0585-5517
802.334.5847 ext 2018

"Technology is not a panacea"  Law #10 Microsoft's 10 Immutable Laws of Security

dangerous content by MailScanner and ClamAV, and is
believed to be clean.