I really do hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but if all of the below
is true -- and it well may be -- Fukushima is becoming an even worse
disaster than many of us had been warning about from the start. Aside
from the obvious that we have to redouble our efforts to shut down all
nuclear power plants now, we also need a radical way of approaching the
existing disaster to both minimize the consequences to the extent that we
can, heal people and environment, and remove from office and put on trial
those whose lies allowed this to happen.
More? What forms of action are we to take?
28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With
Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima
Posted on:Wednesday, October
23rd 2013 at 5:30 am
Michael T. Synder
Originally published on
Activist Post. Like
them on Facebook.
The map below comes from the Nuclear
Emergency Tracking Center
. It shows that radiation levels at
radiation monitoring stations all over the country are elevated. As you
will notice, this is particularly true along the west coast of the United
States. Every single day, 300 tons of radioactive water from Fukushima
enters the Pacific Ocean. That means that the total amount of radioactive
material released from Fukushima is constantly increasing, and it is
steadily building up in our food chain.
Ultimately, all of this nuclear radiation will outlive all of us by a
very wide margin. They are saying that it could take up to 40 years to
clean up the Fukushima disaster, and meanwhile countless innocent people
will develop cancer and other health problems as a result of exposure to
high levels of nuclear radiation. We are talking about a nuclear disaster
that is absolutely unprecedented, and it is constantly getting worse. The
following are 28 signs that the west coast of North America is being
absolutely fried with nuclear radiation from Fukushima...
Polar bears, seals and walruses along the Alaska coastline are
fur loss and open sores
- Wildlife experts are studying whether fur loss and open sores
detected in nine polar bears in recent weeks is widespread and related to
similar incidents among seals and walruses.
- The bears were among 33 spotted near Barrow, Alaska, during routine
survey work along the Arctic coastline. Tests showed they had
"alopecia, or loss of fur, and other skin lesions,"
Geological Survey said in a statement.
2. There is an
epidemic of sea lion deaths
along the California coastline...
- At island rookeries off the Southern California coast, 45 percent of
the pups born in June have died, said Sharon Melin, a wildlife biologist
for the National Marine Fisheries Service based in Seattle. Normally,
less than one-third of the pups would die. It's gotten so bad
in the past two weeks that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration declared an "unusual mortality event."
3. Along the Pacific coast of Canada and the Alaska coastline,
the population of sockeye salmon is at
a historic low
. Many are blaming Fukushima.
4. Something is causing fish all along the west coast of Canada
to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs
5. A vast field of radioactive debris from Fukushima that is
approximately the size of California
has crossed the Pacific Ocean
and is starting to collide with the west coast.
6. It is being projected that the radioactivity of coastal waters off
the U.S. west coast
over the next five to six years.
7. Experts have found
very high levels of cesium-137
in plankton living in the waters of
the Pacific Ocean between Hawaii and the west coast.
8. One test in California found that
15 out of 15
bluefin tuna were contaminated with radiation from
9. Back in 2012, the Vancouver Sun reported that cesium-137 was being
a very high percentage
of the fish that Japan was selling to
• 73 percent of mackerel tested
• 91 percent of the halibut
• 92 percent of the sardines
• 93 percent of the tuna and eel
• 94 percent of the cod and anchovies
• 100 percent of the carp, seaweed, shark and monkfish
10. Canadian authorities are finding
extremely high levels of nuclear radiation
in certain fish
- Some fish samples tested to date have had very high levels of
radiation: one sea bass sample collected in July, for example, had 1,000
becquerels per kilogram of cesium.
11. Some experts believe that we could see very high levels of
cancer along the west coast
just from people eating contaminated fish
- "Look at what's going on now: They're dumping huge amounts of
radioactivity into the ocean — no one expected that in 2011,"
Danieel Hirsch, a nuclear policy lecturer at the University of
California-Santa Cruz, told Global Security Newswire. "We could
have large numbers of cancer from ingestion of fish."
12. BBC News recently reported that radiation levels around
" than previously believed.
concluded that Fukushima released up to 210
quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 into the atmosphere.
14. Atmospheric radiation from Fukushima reached the west coast of
the United States
within a few days
back in 2011.
15. At this point,
of contaminated water is pouring into the Pacific Ocean from
Fukushima every single day.
16. A senior researcher of marine chemistry at the Japan
Meteorological Agency's Meteorological Research Institute says that
"30 billion becquerels of radioactive cesium and 30 billion
becquerels of radioactive strontium" are being released into the
Pacific Ocean from Fukushima
every single day
17. According to Tepco, a total of somewhere between
20 trillion and 40 trillion becquerels of radioactive tritium
gotten into the Pacific Ocean since the Fukushima disaster first
18. According to a professor at Tokyo University, 3 gigabecquerels of
cesium-137 are flowing into the port at Fukushima Daiichi
every single day
19. It has been estimated that up to
as much nuclear radiation has been released into the ocean
from Fukushima than was released during the entire Chernobyl
20. One recent study concluded that a very large plume of cesium-137
from the Fukushima disaster will start flowing into U.S. coastal waters
early next year
- Ocean simulations showed that the plume of radioactive cesium-137
released by the Fukushima disaster in 2011 could begin flowing into U.S.
coastal waters starting in early 2014 and peak in 2016.
21. It is being projected that significant levels of cesium-137
will reach every corner of the Pacific Ocean
by the year 2020
22. It is being projected that the entire Pacific Ocean will soon
have cesium levels 5 to 10 times higher
" than what we witnessed
during the era of heavy atomic bomb testing in the Pacific many decades
23. The immense amounts of nuclear radiation getting into the water
in the Pacific Ocean has caused environmental activist Joe Martino to
the following warning
- Your days of eating Pacific Ocean fish are over.
24. The Iodine-131, Cesium-137 and Strontium-90 that are
constantly coming from Fukushima are going to affect the health of those
living the the northern hemisphere for a very, very long time. Just
had to say about this...
- Iodine-131, for example, can be ingested into the thyroid, where it
emits beta particles (electrons) that damage tissue. A plague of damaged
thyroids has already been reported among as many as 40 percent of the
children in the Fukushima area. That percentage can only go higher. In
developing youngsters, it can stunt both physical and mental growth.
Among adults it causes a very wide range of ancillary ailments, including
- Strontium-90's half-life is around 29 years. It mimics calcium and
goes to our bones.
25. According to a recent
Planet Infowars report
, the California coastline is being transformed
into "a dead zone"...
- The California coastline is becoming like a dead zone.
- If you haven't been to a California beach lately, you probably don't
know that the rocks are unnaturally CLEAN – there's hardly any kelpp,
barnacles, sea urchins, etc. anymore and the tide pools are similarly
eerily devoid of crabs, snails and other scurrying signs of life... and
especially as compared to 10 – 15 years ago when one was wise to weear
tennis shoes on a trip to the beach in order to avoid cutting one's feet
on all the STUFF of life – broken shells, bones, glass, driftwood,,
- There are also days when I am hard-pressed to find even a half dozen
seagulls and/or terns on the county beach.
- You can still find a few gulls trolling the picnic areas and some of
the restaurants (with outdoor seating areas) for food, of course, but,
when I think back to 10 – 15 years ago, the skies and ALL the beachhes
were literally filled with seagulls and the haunting sound of their cries
both day and night...
- NOW it's unnaturally quiet.
26. A study
conducted last year
came to the conclusion that radiation from the
Fukushima nuclear disaster could negatively affect human life along the
west coast of North America from Mexico to Alaska "for
27. According to the Wall Street Journal, it is being projected that
the cleanup of Fukushima could take
up to 40 years to complete
28. Yale Professor Charles Perrow is warning that if the cleanup of
Fukushima is not handled with 100% precision that humanity could be
for thousands of years
- Conditions in the unit 4 pool, 100 feet from the ground, are
perilous, and if any two of the rods touch it could cause a nuclear
reaction that would be uncontrollable. The radiation emitted from all
these rods, if they are not continually cool and kept separate, would
require the evacuation of surrounding areas including Tokyo. Because of
the radiation at the site the 6,375 rods in the common storage pool could
not be continuously cooled; they would fission and all of humanity will
be threatened, for thousands of years.
Are you starting to understand why so many people are so deeply
concerned about what is going on at Fukushima?
Michael T. Snyder is a graduate of the McIntire School of Commerce at
the University of Virginia and has a law degree and an LLM from the
University of Florida Law School. He is an attorney who now spends his
time researching and writing and trying to wake the American people up.
You can follow his work on
The Economic Collapse
, End of the American
Disclaimer: This article is not intended to provide medical advice,
diagnosis or treatment. Views expressed here do not necessarily reflect
those of GreenMedInfo or its staff.
Sent from my hardwired computer with all wireless functions turned
Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web
(Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email:
Switch delivery to Daily Digest
Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group