	*Office of the President
*

	October 15, 2013

To:UVM Community

From:Tom Sullivan

Re:*Hubert ?Hub? Vogelmann ***

It is with great sadness that I write to inform the UVM community that
Professor Emeritus Hubert ?Hub? Vogelmann passed away over the weekend.
Hub was a prominent scholar instrumental in bringing international
attention to the issue of acid rain, a towering figure in Vermont?s
environmental movement, and a beloved mentor and friend to many
colleagues and students at UVM.

As a community, we extend our deepest condolences to Hub?s family,
including his son, Tom Vogelmann, Dean of the College of Agriculture and
Life Sciences, and to Hub?s many close friends at the University.

Hub?s contributions are legion to the University, the state, the nation,
and to the planet?s environmental health. Please see this profile for a
sense of Hub?s many accomplishments:
https://www.uvm.edu/~uvmpr/?Page=news&storyID=17022&category=ucommfeaturea
<https://www.uvm.edu/%7Euvmpr/?Page=news&storyID=17022&category=ucommfeaturea>

This obituary in the Burlington Free Press is also
informative:http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/BurlingtonFreePress/obituary.aspx?n=HUBERT-W-VOGELMANN-HUB&pid=167532567

A memorial service will be held on Saturday, October. 19, at 1:00 p.m.
in the Ira Allen Chapel on the University of Vermont campus with a
reception following in the Billings Center.

In lieu of flowers, contributions honoring Hub and in support of the UVM
Field Naturalist program, which he founded in 1983, may be made to the
Hub Vogelmann Fund, c/o The UVM Foundation, 411 Main Street, Burlington,
VT 05401

**

--
Tom Sullivan