  CRIME ADVISORY

  UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT POLICE SERVICES

TEXT TIP To: 847411 Keyword UVM

*Incident Type*

Burglary

*Date/Time of Incident*

Between Wednesday evening, October 16 and Thursday morning, October 17.

*Location*

Old Mill Building - UVM

*Date/Time Reported *

October 17, 2013

*Incident Number(s)*

13UV008578

*Suspect(s)*

*Name/age/city& state of residence/description*

Unknown

*Disposition*

Open Investigation

*Investigating/Contact Officer(s) *

Detective O'Neil, Officer Sioss

*Supervisor Approval **(Date/Time)***

DC Bilodeau 10.17.13

**

*SUMMARY: *UVM Police are investigating a burglary that occurred at
UVM's Old Mill building on University Place sometime between Wednesday
evening, October 16 and Thursday morning, October 17. Numerous laptops
were taken from a computer lab. At this time we don't have specific
information to connect this burglary with recent thefts in the same
geographic area, although we do not rule that out.

Anyone who may have seen suspicious activity around or inside the area
of Old Mill is encouraged to contact UVM Police.

The Police need your assistance in solving these crimes. Police Services
wishes to remind the community that if you /"see something"/ suspicious
(suspicious behavior) or concerning behavior or someone seems out of
place in a non-public space ask them if you can help and /"say
something" /by calling Police Services immediately.Police Services needs
to hear from you and will either provide guidance or response.

We are reminding the community to secure your belongings and not leave
items unattended. Remember: /"IF YOU LIKE IT... LOCK IT...HIDE IT...TAKE
IT WITH YOU."/

**

*REPORT SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR/ACTIVITY TO POLICE SERVICES -- CALL 911 FOR
ANY CRIME IN PROGRESS***

Anyone with information regarding thefts is asked to provide that
information to Police Services. Call 802-656-3473 or information can be
sent confidentially by visiting the UVM Police Services website *at
www.uvm.edu/police* or by *text *to *847411 (tip411)* and include the
*keyword UVM* in your message.